This guide is intended to show how to create the various DNS records that can be configured to authenticate and white-label your mail processing through SocketLabs.
Inmotion Hosting has several different methods for configuring and editing DNS records:
Account Management Panel (AMP)
- Log into your Inmotion Account Management Portal.
- Select the DNS Zone Editor.
- Select the +CNAME Record option next to your domain name.
- Type your subdomain you are CNAMEing in the Name field.
- Type tracking.socketlabs.com in the CNAME field.
- Click the Add a CNAME Record button.
- Log into your cPanel.
- Click the Advanced Zone Editor button in the Domains section.
- Click the drop-down menu, and choose the domain you want to edit the DNS for.
- Click the drop-down menu under Type, and choose CNAME.
- You will then see Name, TTL, and CNAME options. Below are the options:
||14400 is the default. This can be changed, or you can use the default.
- Once the options have been selected, click the Add Record button.
- You should get an The system successfully added the record. This indicates you have successfully added the CNAME, and will just need to wait for propagation throughout DNS.
- Login to WHM.
- Select the Edit DNS Zone link in the DNS Functions section.
- Choose the domain you want to create the CNAME for, then click the Edit button.
- At the bottom of the window you will see an Add New Entries Below this Line section.
- Click the Select drop-down menu, and choose CNAME from the list.
- In the first field, type the subdomain you are going to use for the CNAME record. For example, bounces
- Enter tracking.socketlabs.com in the final field after the CNAME selection dropdown.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.