Please follow these instructions to configure your AppleMail application to use SocketLabs to send your messages
- Select ‘Preferences…’ from the Mail Menu.
- Enter your email address into the Email Address field.
- Click on your current SMTP server name to bring up a menu. Select Edit SMTP Server List…
- Change the Server Name setting to smtp.socketlabs.com.
- Click Advanced.
- Change the Server port to 25, 2525, or 587.
- Enter your SMTP Username into the User Name field, and your SMTP Password into the Password field. These credentials are provided by SocketLabs and can be found in your Server’s Control Panel, under the Configuration dropdown > SMTP Credentials.
If you would like to use SSL, change the Server port to 465, make sure that Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is enabled and change Authentication to MD5 Challenge-Response.