To enable Windows Error Reporting in Windows 2008 Server:
- Open Server Manager by clicking Start, pointing to Administrative Tools, and then clicking Server Manager.
- On the Server Manager home page, expand the Resources and Support area if it is not already open.
- Click Configure Windows Error Reporting.
- On the Windows Error Reporting Configuration dialog box, select "Ask me about sending reports every time an error occurs", and then Click OK.
To retrieve the mini dump file when the error dialog appears:
- After an application crashes an error reporting dialog will be displayed.
- Click the details button at the bottom left. You will see the application that caused the error.
- Click the link next to the application that says, "What does this report contain?".
- A second dialog will pop up with more details. Click the link on the bottom left that says, "View contents of the error report".
- A third dialog will appear titled "Error Report Contents". This will show the directory of where the report is stored on disk.
- Navigate to the directory using Windows Explorer.
- Zip up the contents of the directory and send it to SocketLabs by creating a support ticket and attaching the .zip file.
If the file size is over 5 megabytes then you will need to make it available to us either via a URL or FTP server. If you do not have one of these available, please contact SocketLabs so we can provide an alternate method for you to send us the file.