Viewing and Analyzing the Engagement Tracking Report
Viewing the Engagement Tracking Report
In your Control Panel, go to Reports -> Engagement Tracking -> View the Report. You can adjust the start and end date for the report to specific days or use the Quick Date feature to use a preset option.
You may choose to view All Records of the events (opens, clicks, unsubscribes) including if a customer opens the same email multiple times or clicks the same link multiple times, or you may choose First Events Only, showing only the first time the customer opened your mail or clicked on your link.
You may choose to view one particular mailing identified by your Mailing ID. You can also view mailings by Sending Domain or ISP/Mailbox. You can select it from this drop down menu.
You can only select one mailing parameter (Sending Domain, ISP/Mailbox or Mailing ID) at a time. When you have your parameters set up, click Update and you will be able to see your various events displayed on the graph. You can drill down further by selecting another mailing parameter and clicking Update.
Viewing the Detailed Results Report
To see a Detailed Report, click on the button that says "Detailed Results" found in the lower right corner of the graph.
In your Detailed Results report, you will have several columns of data:
The column headings are ServerID, Date Time, Message ID, Mailing ID, Sending Domain, Recipient Domain, Original Recipient, Event Type, URL, and Remote IP.
- Server ID = your SocketLabs Server ID. You may have one or more servers in your account.
- Date Time = the Date and Time that the engagement event occurred.
- Message ID = the unique message ID for that message.
- Mailing ID = the name of the mailing group as defined by your application or the name you gave to the mailing in the Marketing Tools.
- Sending Domain = A sending domain indicates who the email was sent from. This domain will be displayed in the "From:" header of an email.
- Recipient Domain = The domain of the email address to which the message was originally sent.
- Original Recipient = the email address of the person who received your mail.
- Event Type = the numerical value for the event type.
- 0 = clicks
- 1 = opens
- 2 = unsubscribes
- RemoteIP = the IP address of the recipient's server.