Follow the guide below to configure Microsoft Exchange 2003 use SocketLabs as the Smart Host and Internet Mail Relay
This article already assumes your exchange system can send emails externally and therefore a SMTP Connector and SMTP Virtual Server has already been created and configured correctly in the System Manager for Exchange.
- Open Exchange Management Console also known as System Manager for Exchange
- Click on the + next to Servers
- Click on the + next to Organization
- Click on the + next to Protocols
- Click on the + next to SMTP
- Right click on your Default SMTP Virtual Server
- Click properties
- Under Delivery click Outbound Security
- Enter the SocketLabs SMTP username and password provided to you and click OK.
- Click on the Advanced button and ensure your fully qualified domain name is correct.
- Enter smtp.socketlabs.com in the "Smart host" field and click OK
- Scroll down to the Connectors folder and click the + to expand it.
If you cannot find the Connectors folder then select the Routing Groups folder and expand the tree until you do find the Connectors folder.
If your server isn't already in the list of local bridgeheads you will need to add it.
17. Select the "Advanced" TAB.