When you download your Failed Messages Report, you will see several columns. This article will define each column for you.
- ServerID - your SocketLabs server ID.
- SendingDomain – A sending domain indicates who the email was sent from. This domain will be displayed in the "From:" header of an email.
- Recipient Domain – The domain of the email address to which the message was originally sent. Download report - should also show Recipient Domain.
- DateTime - the date and time that your message was added to the Failed Messages report.
- MessageId - a unique ID for that message.
- MailingId - a grouping ID for a set of messages that you assign when sending.
- ToAddress - your recipient's email address
- FromAddress - your sending email address
- 0 – Temporary failure. The message failed to be delivered, but was not suppressed for future delivery attempts.
- 1 – Permanent failure. The message failed to be delivered, but is now suppressed for future delivery attempts.
- 2 – Suppressed. The message was previously suppressed, and delivery was not attempted at all.
- FailureCode - Listed in Message Delivery Failure Codes
- Reason - the reason code returned by the recipient's server.
If you see a failure code of "9999" with a failure type of "2", it means that the message was not attempted for delivery because the recipient address was already on your suppression list.