Please follow these instructions to configure your Outlook application to use SocketLabs to send your messages
- Select “Account Settings” from the Tools Menu of Microsoft Outlook.
- Select your mail account and click “Change…” Enter your name and email address into the User information fields. Then, change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) setting to smtp.socketlabs.com.
- Select “More Settings…” This will open a new window called Internet Email Settings. Select the “Outgoing Server” tab at the top of the window.
- Make sure that the setting “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is enabled, select Log on using, then enter your SMTP Username into User Name, and your SMTP Password into Password. Both of these credentials are available in the Control Panel of your SocketLabs server, found in the Configuration dropdown of the menu bar under SMTP Credentials.
- Make sure that “Remember password” radio button is checked and Require Secure Password Authentication is unchecked.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab. Change your Outgoing server (SMTP) Port Number to 25. You can also try using port 2525, or 587 if your ISP blocks port 25.
- For the setting “Use the following type of encrypted connection” select TLS.
Important: Do NOT change your incoming mail server setting.