Please follow these instructions to configure your Outlook application to use SocketLabs to send your messages
- First, go to: ‘File’ and then ‘Account and Social Network Settings’ and click on ‘Account Settings’.
- Select your mail account and click Change…
- Enter your email address into the E-mail Address field.
- Change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) setting to smtp.socketlabs.com.
- Click on ‘More Settings…’
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Make sure that the setting ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ is enabled, select Log on using, then enter your SMTP Username into User Name, and your SMTP Password into Password.
- Make sure that ‘Remember password’ is enabled and ‘Require Secure Password Authentication’ is disabled.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Change your Outgoing server (SMTP) Port Number to 25. You can also try using Port Number 2525, or 587.
- For the setting ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ select TLS.
Important: Do NOT change your incoming mail server setting.