Please follow these instructions to configure your Thunderbird application to use SocketLabs to send your messages
- Select the ‘Accounts Settings’ from the Thunderbird Menu->Options.
- Select the Outgoing Server (SMTP). Select your current SMTP server and click ‘Edit…’
- If you do not have an SMTP server set up yet, click ‘Add…’.
- Enter smtp.socketlabs.com into the Server Name field.
- Change the Port setting to 25. You can also try using Port 2525, 587, or 465.
- Set Connection security to ‘STARTTLS’ and Authentication method to ‘Encrypted password’.
- Enter your SMTP Username provided to you in the SocketLabs Control Panel into the User Name field.
- When you attempt to send a message, you will be prompted to enter the SMTP password provided to you in the SocketLabs Control Panel.