What is StreamScore
StreamScore is a measure of how well SocketLabs thinks email messages being sent are performing on a score of 0 (worst) to 100 (best). Scores are computed daily, and are based upon a rolling 15 day history of messages. A 30 day history of the score for each server is displayed to customers in the Control Panel.
A green aggregate score correlates to a high rate of deliverability success
The aggregate score is strongly correlated to the deliverability and success rate that a server experiences – the higher the score, the better the results are. The score mimics how the world of receiving mailbox providers (i.e. Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) are calculating internal sender reputation scores. A strong reputation indicates that the sender is following best practices and is therefore avoiding the “red flag” issues that negatively impact message performance.
The StreamScore process isolates specific delivery questions such as:
- How often does a specific email stream send messages to invalid addresses?
- How often are email in this stream marked as spam by the end recipients?
- How often are messages in this stream rejected by receiving mail servers due to their content?
- How often does the SocketLabs’ custom-designed content analysis engine identify messages from this stream as “possible spam”?
- How relevant is the content and how “engaged” or interested are the recipients with the client’s messages?
- How do the clients’ different mail streams compare to one another?
- What specific stream characteristics are in need of review or revision to improve performance?
An Orange aggregate score indicates that you may not be experiencing the best deliverability rates possible.
How is StreamScore calculated?
The StreamScore is an aggregate of several different component parts. Each component carries a dynamic weight depending on many different factors.
The components are:
A red aggregate score would indicate that your mail is experiencing poor deliverability results.
The SocketLabs aggregate score is available to all of our customers. Customers on eligible service plans can view the individual component scores. Customers with service plans eligible for Deliverability Consulting can consult with the SocketLabs team of experts to improve their scores, and the inbox placement of their messages.